Sunday, August 7, 2011

Homemade roasted tomato sauce

I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to try it out, seeing as how we have an abundance of tomatoes from our CSA right now. I've never made a homemade sauce, so I thought, why not? So here we go, step by step...

First, I cut the tomatoes and arranged them cut side up on the baking sheet (after preheating the oven to 450 degrees).




Next, I cut up a onion and scattered it over the tomatoes.




Finally, I added a red and orange bell pepper and a head of peeled garlic (whole cloves).




Then I drizzled with olive oil and roasted everything for about 45 minutes until it looked like this...




Popped it all in the blender, and voila!



Yummy, fresh sauce!

Sean decided to add fresh basil and salt and pepper, which finished it off perfectly!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: