Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Easy Ethnic Cuisine!

Sean and I love all kinds of ethnic food- Thai, Vietnamese, Indian, Japanese- you get the idea! The problem is that eating out all the time can be taxing on the bank account and the waistline. For this reason, I am always looking for easy ways to create our favorite dishes at home.

Without further aideu...I present the easiest way I have found to create yummy curries at home...




The company, Seeds of Change, sells a line of organic "simmer sauces" that make ethnic cooking a snap!

Two nights ago, I used this one with leftover grilled chicken breasts and lots of fresh veggies from our weekly CSA. It was delicious, and I utilized four items from this week's share (see my post, What is a CSA?, if you are curious about this!).

I started by sautéing a chopped shallot with olive oil and chopped red and green peppers. Then I added cubes of eggplant. I continued cooking until everything was tender.

Next, I added the sauce, the cut up chicken, and the green beans. I let this all simmer on low for about thirty minutes.

SO. EASY.



I heated up some brown rice from the night before, and presto, dinner was served!

(Sean even said he would order this again if we were at a restaurant!)

Bonus- I calculated a serving to only be 5 weight watchers points! *brown rice not included :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: