Monday, July 11, 2011

Running...who knew??

I have always said, "I'm not a runner, in fact, I CAN'T run. I have asthma, bad knees, yada, yada, yada."

What a load of bull I've been feeding myself and anyone who would listen! Not only can I run, but I can actually enjoy it. I started the Couch Potato to 5k training a week ago in preparation for the Chik-fil-a 5k in September, and I've never felt better! This combined with healthy eating while doing Weight Watchers, and I feel like a million bucks.

I have decided that if this goes well, I will sign up for a 10k, and if that goes well I will train for and run in the St. Jude half marathon in December 2012 in honor of my Dad.

Yay for pushing our own personal boundaries!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work! :) I am hoping to achieve these goals right alongside you! Yea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Ellen!! I would love to run a 10K with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Tish, let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NIce way to bust through a barrier! Go Ellen!!

    ReplyDelete