Thursday, July 7, 2011

I forgot to mention...I love you, I love you, I love you

Two nights ago, my mom and I were cleaning out her storage room, and I came across a book called "Grandmother Remembers" that was given to me by my grandma on February 28, 1987 (my eighth birthday).





I don't remember this gift at all, so it was like a gift from the grave. We just buried my grandma on Monday, and I found the book on Tuesday. It is a wonderful recollection, in her own words, of her childhood, young adult years, married life, and becoming mom and a grandma. What a treasure! I am so lucky to have this heirloom to share with my children and grandchildren. The most amazing, goosebump creating page was the last one...



I love you too, grandma!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments: