Monday, May 16, 2011

Homemade tzatziki!

This was my first attempt at making one of my favorite sauces.  The tzatziki at The Castle on Park Ave. is my favorite, and this one didn't quite measure up!  But, for my first attempt, it was good, and now I know what to tweak next time.  I used my small food processor since I only wanted enough for our mahi mahi last night.  I used about two cups of fat free greek yogurt (mistake #1- I'm sure full fat would be better!!!). Then I added chopped, peeled cucumber, three peeled garlic cloves (mistake #2- next time I will use already minced garlic because the small food processor did not get it small enough), a handful of fresh dill from Downing Hollow Farm (mistake #3- next time I will chop the dill much finer- the texture was odd with the dill in bigger pieces), and a splash of lemon juice.

This was a great complement to the fish, and it was fun to make with ingredients I already had on hand!


No comments:

Post a Comment