Friday, June 17, 2011

Mommy Time

Last year for my birthday, I was looking for something different to do to celebrate.  I came across GoGirl Paint Parties run by a local artist, Lisa Dick.  She holds them at her husband's restaurant, Buckley's Lunchbox, in the evening.  So, last year, I reserved her for a private party, and it was a blast!  For $40 a person, she provides the canvases, paints, and instruction.  You don't have to have any experience painting!

Back in high school, I really enjoyed art and took several classes.  Since then, I have never picked it back up for some reason (Sean even bought me an easel, canvases, and paints a couple of years ago).  After my birthday I promised myself I would take time to paint.  Then, you guessed it- life got in the way!  I haven't picked up a paintbrush since then, until last night, that is.  My friend Terry has been attending parties regularly and urged me to go.  I went last night, and it was so much fun!  There is something so rewarding about starting with a blank canvas and getting this:


So, I have recommitted myself to making time to do this thing I enjoy so much!  How do you make time to do things you enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment