Saturday, June 4, 2011

Elimination Communication

I just caught my first baby poop in the potty! Haha...only a mommy could be so excited about poop. Grayton was pretty excited too, he was grinning from ear to ear as I held him over the potty. I read a lot about EC before I was pregnant and during my pregnancy, but once he came I was too overwhelmed with the usual new mommy stuff to even think about infant potty learning. However, in the last week or so, it has been very obvious when G is trying to poop because he is having to work at it a bit since the intro of solid foods. Suddenly I remembered some of the diaper free concepts and thought, why not try?

Tonight, I read his cues, and he peed and pooped in the potty! I don't have any specific goal on mind, but as a cloth diaperin' mama, the fewer poopy diapers, the better! Plus, if I were him, I wouldn't want to sit in my own
poop. If I can help him with that, then I will.

If you want to read more about elimination communication, you should check out www.diaperfreebaby.org!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment